Who we are?
Excellerate Black Futures is a Social Enterprise in England.
How you can contact us?
- Address: 30 Coppens Green SS12 9PA
- Number: 07944992806
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains how long we keep your personal data for
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect information necessary to contact you about our events or for promotional marketing purposes This information includes :
- Full Name
- Email address
- Preferred contact number
- Date of birth
- Gender (where appropriate)
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We collect personal data directly from you. This is information you provided if you have expressed interest in signing up to our one of our events or have signed up to participate in the programme. From time to time we may also collect data through publicly available sources such LinkedIn or Google.
How and why we use your personal data?
We rely on our legitimate interest to:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you by mailchimp email to keep you updated with our monthly newsletter if you have opted to receive our resources – you can unsubscribe from these at any time.
- To invite you to participate in our events
- For administrative purposes (for example, we may contact you regarding an event for which you have registered),
- For internal record keeping relating to event sign ups, feedback, or complaints;
- We use other personal information you provided us with on an aggregated anonymous basis to understand the composition of our network. We do not disclose any of this information on an individual basis.
- To analyse and improve the content and operation of our website;
- To analyse and improve our internal business processes;
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your information in line with our retention policy as follows:
Programme participant data: Is reviewed on an ongoing basis. We set to review your data with you at minimum every 18 months to see where you are on your journey back to work and ensure our service is still relevant to you and that your data is still accurate. If we have had no communication with you following five years, we will delete your records.
Speaker data:: If we have had no communication with you following five years we will delete your records.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We will not share any personal data with other parties. In the event we may need to share your data, we will notify you and obtain written consent.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
For programme participants of Excellarate Black Futures, our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to be able to assess the suitability of applicants to be enrolled onto the programme and to contact participants should further information be required. Under General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/67 and the the Data Protection Act 2018 we rely on legitimate interests for activities such as sending marketing communications by post or telephone unless you have told us that you would prefer not to hear from us in this way, in order to organise an event, and analysing your interaction with us to improve our internal business processes.
Where we process sensitive personal data (as mentioned above), we will make sure that we only do so in accordance with one of the additional lawful grounds for processing that type of data, such as where we have your explicit consent or you have made that information manifestly public.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, the decision making process is always done by a human.
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
No, we do not transfer personal data out of the EEA.